On Thursday, August 27th at 9 AM PT (Noon ET), I’ll be hosting the #KareoChat where we’ll be discussing the good and bad of outsourced medical billing. You can follow along tomorrow on Twitter by watching the #KareoChat hashtag or by checking out my tweets on @ehrandhit.
Here are the questions we’ll be discussing in tomorrow’s Twitter chat:
- Why are many practices choosing outsourced billing over in house?
- What are the disadvantages of outsourced billing?
- How will ACOs and value based reimbursement work with an outsourced billing company?
- How do you select a high quality outside billing company? What differentiates these companies?
- Does your outsourced billing company need to have tight integration with your EHR? Why or why not?
- What are the pros and cons of outsourcing your billing to your EHR vendor?
I’m particularly interested in people’s responses to question number 3. I think many in healthcare understand the good and bad of doing the billing in house or outsourcing it. Although, I’m pretty sure I’ll learn even more on the Twitter chat tomorrow. However, how things like ACOs and value based reimbursement will impact an outsourced billing company is still a really important topic of discussion. Will it drive more people towards outsourcing their billing or will it mean more practices bring their billing in house? I’ll be interested to hear people’s thoughts on tomorrow’s Twitter chat or feel free to start the discussion in the comments below.