I’m excited to be hosting this week’s #KareoChat. I decided that it would be a great time to discuss the impact of ICD-10 on your organization and take a look at what impact the end of the ICD-10 grace period will have on your practice. This is an important topic that I don’t think has gotten enough discussion.
The chat is happening Thursday, October 13th at 9 AM PT. All you need to do to join is to search for the #KareoChat hashtag on Twitter and then add #KareoChat to any tweets you send during that time. I expect this will be a lively discussion, so please join in so you can learn and share.
Here are the 6 questions we’ll be discussing for the hour long #KareoChat:
- How has ICD-10 impacted your organization and healthcare for good?
- How has ICD-10 impacted your organization and healthcare for bad?
- The ICD-10 grace period ended on 9/30, what does this mean for your organization?
- Does the added specificity in ICD-10 post grace period help with care? Why or why not?
- What things still need to be improved in ICD-10 and how we’ve implemented it?
- Was the move to ICD-10 much ado about nothing? Should we move to ICD-11 more quickly than we did 10?
There was a lot of hype around ICD-10 when it was implemented and certainly cost organizations a lot of money to be prepared for the change. However, things seem to have gone generally pretty smooth because of that preparation. I haven’t seen the same discussion happening with the end of the ICD-10 grace period. I’ll be interested to learn from people if this is a big deal or if practices will just take it in stride.
Join us to discuss the impact of ICD-10 on healthcare and the end of the ICD-10 grace period.
Full Disclosure: Kareo is an advertiser on this site.