As some of you know, I’ve toyed with videos on my site for a while now. HIMSS is definitely the place where I’ve done the most video and that will be true again this year. I decided to take a pretty simple approach to video at HIMSS12. Since a large portion of my meetings at HIMSS will be with EHR vendor executives, I thought it would be fun to ask all the EHR vendors the same 5 (I don’t mind doing more or less if they’re good questions) questions.
Since I love the idea of involving the community and kind of crowdsourcing the questions, I’m going to put a few questions out there and listen to feedback from the community on other questions I should ask or modifications to the questions which will get EHR executives to provide some useful information.
1. What differentiates your EHR today?
2. In what ways has the EHR stimulus money and meaningful use had an impact for good or bad on the EHR industry?
3. What are the top reasons why doctors are adopting EHR software?
4. What are the main reasons doctors aren’t adopting EHR software?
5. What will differentiate your EHR 5 years from now?
I’m looking forward to hearing any suggestions you have on how to improve or modify the questions. I suspect I’ll do quite a bit of editing of the questions before I start asking the questions tomorrow. Watch for the videos to be posted on this site, EMR and HIPAA, and EMR and EHR Videos.