I’m excited to be the first host of the newly launched #ATAChat organized by the American Academy of Telemedicine. I was lucky to run into Nathaniel Lacktman, an expert legal resource on telehealth, at a recent conference and from that meeting it led to the opportunity for Healthcare Scene to host the first American Telemedicine Association Twitter chat.
For the first Twitter chat, we left the conversation pretty open ended to cover a variety of innovations and transformations happening in healthcare and telehealth. I imagine future ATA Chats will dive deeper into the challenges of telehealth and healthcare transformation. If you have an interest in this area, come and share your insights in what you see happening and things you’re working on. Plus, you’ll be able to learn and connect with a wide variety of other healthcare innovators.
To join the #ATAChat on Twitter, just search for the #ATAChat hashtag on Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 2 PM ET (11 AM PT). We’ll post the following 5 questions over the hour long chat:
- What role should technology play in healthcare and innovation?
- What are some of the most exciting ways providers are using virtual care to deliver services?
- How is telehealth changing the role of healthcare professionals’ “human touch”, and is it a good thing for patients?
- What are the biggest barriers to healthcare innovation and what solutions can we use to navigate them?
- What are the best opportunities and areas of unmet need for telehealth and virtual care in the next 3 years?
If you have an insight, question, or comment, just add #ATAChat to your tweets and everyone that’s following along will see it. We hope to make it a really interactive discussion. Plus, it’s always fun to meet new and interesting people that you can connect with on social media.
I look forward to seeing everyone at the #ACAChat on Wed November 9th!