Healthcare Scene sat down with Sean West, VP of Data Conversion at HealthPort, to discuss EHR data conversion. EHR data conversion is quickly becoming a hot topic for many organizations that rushed their initial EHR selection and implementation. In our video discussion embedded below, Sean West offers a number of key insights including the following:
- Convert the Data Close to the EHR Conversion
- Ensure You Have Enough Time to Make the Conversion
- Consider How Much Data Needs to Be Converted
- Look at the Impact on Performance of Converting All EHR Data
- Evaluate Your Legacy EHR Vendors Willingness to Work with You on Data Conversion
Check out the following video for all the details:
We also asked Sean West about when an organization would want to consider a vendor neutral archive for their EHR. While the vendor neutral archive is incredibly popular with PACS systems, we’re just now starting to see the idea crop up with EHR data. In the following video, Sean West provides some good insight into when an organization might want to consider a vendor neutral archive for their EHR data.